This article provides the user with an overview of Inventory Pools.
- Inventory Pools allow you to manage inventory separately for:
- Bach purchasing channel (e.g. Retail vs Wholesale).
- Major retailers with demanding SLAs.
- Important clients you don’t want to disappoint.
- Big, seasonal orders that need to stock up over multiple turn cycles.
- Every brand has two fundamental pools:
- Default: Online orders fulfill automatically through this pool on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis.
- Unallocated: Orders placed against this pool fulfill manually, so it's a good place to site aside inventory.
- You can choose which of these pools receives inventory at each Warehouse.
- The Symphony team can set up any number of custom pools. Provide your strategist with the following for each custom pool:
- Pool Name.
- FIFO or Manual fulfillment.
- Purchasing Channel.
- How it should be prioritized for receiving inventory.
Moving Inventory Between Pools
- The user can move to On Hand inventory between pools at any time. If you operate out of a single warehouse, you can do this from the pools tab.
- Find the inventory you want to move.
- Click the “Move Inventory” button for that pool.
- Enter the number of units you want to move To each of the other pools.
(You can also select a different From pool using the droplist.)
- Click the “Save” button.
- You see the results immediately.
- If you operate out of multiple warehouses, you can only move an inventory within a single warehouse. Look for the “Move Inventory” button on the Warehouses tab.