This article shows how to prepare product images for bulk upload.
For bulk updates, product images must be:
- Uploaded to an online hosting service, such as Box or Dropbox
- Available with public read permission
- All in a single folder, not separated by product or other criteria
- Filenames must not contain spaces—dashes (
-) and underscores (
_) are fine.
- Have a file name ending with a
.jpgextension. This must be in lower case.
- It's best practice to have a consistent case in the filenames, all lower-case, or all upper-case (except the
Prepare a spreadsheet; you may wish to start from a product export, as the spreadsheet needs to be in a very specific format. To fill out an image spreadsheet for support to bulk upload, follow the steps given below:
- Provide an image mapping spreadsheet in Excel format, with the following data:
- ProductIdentifier (ProductCluster.id)
- VariantIdentifier (Product.id)
- SKU (Product.vendorSKUId)
- Image filenames - following requirements from 1.1-1.4
The first 2-3 columns are typically taken from the Variants tab of a product export from Manage, usually after a new batch of products is created. There will usually be 2-4 alt images. This process also makes two assumptions:
- The image hosting service folder (ex: DropBox or Box) contains all of the images referenced in the spreadsheet
- The files in image hosting service folder (ex: DropBox or Box) are all named correctly, and match the filenames in the spreadsheet
- Once the above steps are completed, create a ticket and support will do the upload for you. The support agent will be in touch if there are any issues with the data provided.
- Uploading Product Images, for manually uploading images to a few products.