You may need to generate and download a specific report containing data for a certain period. This can be done if you know the exact name or ID of the report you want to export.
Check if you can access Insights in the left sidebar. You need to have ROLE_ADMIN added to your account for the option to be visible. Raise a support ticket to get the reports if you cannot access the menu option, or else proceed with the steps below.
Make sure you have the ROLE_ADMIN role assigned to you. Roles assigned to accounts are visible in Permissions > Members. Select the "partner" brand in the top right corner, visit Permissions > Members, search for your account with the email address being used and check the assigned roles against a brand by changing the brand in the brand selector.
- From Symphony Manage, select the required brand from the top right corner and navigate to Insights > Reports.
- Search for the required report (Ctrl + F) using its name (the list of reports is quite long) and click on the row for the report.
Alternatively, you can open the report's page directly if you know the
reportIdof the report - replace the
brand(obtained from the Symphony Manage URL while logged in) and
reportIdplaceholders in the following URL and paste it in the address bar of your browser:
- Specify the start and end dates for the report.
- Click GO for Symphony to start the data retrieval process.
Depending on the number of records, this may take from a few seconds to several minutes. The data will be displayed once all records are retrieved. The report generation process may take close to 30 mins if the interval between the dates is more than a few months in which case you can also try splitting up the date range into intervals of a year and merging the reports later.
Note: Only the first 12 columns of the report are displayed in Symphony Manage. However, the exported report will contain the full column set.
- Click on the Download button to export the report data as a CSV file. The download process should begin automatically.
When generating a report for a brand, use SFTP to share large files (greater than 30 MB).
Open the downloaded CSV file and verify that the report doesn't contain large sections of empty records or an abrupt end in data, which might indicate issues during the export process.