You may face an issue when two or more swatches are displayed for the same color of a product on your website.
This issue happens when variants were created with different attribute values for the same color (e.g., 123-black and 123-blak); hence, they are displayed as different colors on the website.
- From Symphony Manage, navigate to Catalog > Products and open the affected product.
- Expand the Variants / SKUs section by clicking on the Menu/Hide button.
- Find the affected variants and check the names of the color attributes to see if there are any typos or additional words.
- Submit a request to Symphony Support, including the IDs or SKU# of the affected variants and the correct name of the color attribute - our team will map the variants to this color attribute.
- Follow steps 1-3 from the public section and note down Symphony Ids for the affected variants (without P prefix), if they were not provided by the requester.
- Connect to the database and run the following query for the IDs retrieved in the previous step:
select * from Attributes
where id in (select distinct Attributes_id from Product_Attributes
where Product_id in (<Symphony Ids for the affected variants separated by comma>))
- In the query results, find variants with the same color but different color attribute values - they should have the same attributeKey_Id but different color attribute Ids (first column).
Id attributeKey_Id value 69394 3399 X70-2269-blak:black 108989 3399 X70-2269.BLAK-blak:black
Additionally, you can run the following query to doublecheck which product variants are linked to which color attributes:
select * from Product_Attributes
where Product_id in (<Symphony Product Ids>) and Attributes_id in (<IDs from the first column of the above query results>);
- Modify the following query to update Attributes_Id for the affected variants.
UPDATE Product_Attributes set Attributes_id = <correct color attribute ID>
WHERE product_id = <affected variant IDs/Symphony IDs>
AND Attributes_id = <incorrect attribute>;
For example, if the variant with color X70-2269.BLAK-blak:black and Symphony Product ID 634376 needs to be mapped to the color X70-2269-blak:black, the query will be:
UPDATE Product_Attributes set Attributes_id = 69394
WHERE product_id = 634376
AND Attributes_id = 108989;
- Create a Change Request Jira under the SPC project including the above query to make changes on the database.
For more information on how to create Change Requests, refer to the article Creating JIRA Tickets for Central SaaS Escalation.
Open the page for the affected product on your website - it should not have duplicate options (swatches) for the same color.